- Clean the teeth after eating using tooth brush and dental floss.
- Use fluoride containing tooth paste.
- Use tooth brush which has soft bristles
- Use the correct tooth brush and floss it correctly
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day, once in morning and once in night.
- Visit your dentist regularly. At least have dental check up every 6 months.
- If you get any bleeding while brushing or flossing, do not ignore it.
- Do not use any tobacco products, since they can increase the risk of gum disease, cancer of mouth and throat.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects to prevent cracking of a tooth.
- Always wear a mouth guard while playing the sports
- Avoid drinking tea and coffee often to prevent teeth decay.
- In the babies avoid using bottle feeding to prevent tooth decay.
- Try using electric tooth brush for removal of plaque.
- Keeps your gums healthy and strong by flossing the teeth between and down the gum line to dislodge the food particles and build up from plaque.
- Get a dental examaintion done every year.
By : Dr. Raju A.T